Welcome!

I have created this BLOG for all of us that belong to you, mom, so we can write our thoughts, post photos, videos, etc. The reason why I guess is so that we can be closer to one-another since we all live so far apart. Now the only way this will work is if ALL of you are willing to participate by writing a short note or posting a photo now and then...Let's see how much fun we can really have...!!!

A few Pictures...

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Good Life

Yesterday we walked up the hill to attend the first annual "Sky Spectactular" here in Spanish Fork. It was also the official inaugeration of 9 wind turbines located in the mouth of the canyon to Price. They are quite something to behold. Huge, peaceful, quietly generating enough power for 6500-19000 homes.

It was a lot of fun, I wished you all could be there. Austin and Jenny and their kids were there. The view from up there is quite nice and they've done a lot of work on the area-- added a kid playground, grass all over the place, nature trails, etc.

I guess the reason I'm writing about it in this blog is for a fleeting moment, it felt good to be part of something so beautiful. Everyone was happy and cheerful. The weather was perfect. The colorful kites and windmills brightened things up. They had just finished a lot of the areas-- the playground, etc. It looked so nice. For a few moments it reminded me of what heaven could be like. Because of the view-- you could see all of Utah valley, you kind of had the perspective of heaven.

Another time like this, I remember recently was our last visit to Arizona. I think there are pictures of it on this blog. I have the same feelings-- we were around family and enjoying our time together. I think it is so important to keep those feelings alive and healthy.

Love ya.

D

2 comments:

Mignon said...

Thank you David. I wish I would have been there. Love and kisses, Mignon

Teresa said...

Beautiful David..... just beautiful. (No, that is not a mocking tone.)
Teresa